Varla and Curtis Knauss have spent their entire careers helping people get the most out of their hard-earned money—he as a financial planner, she as a CPA.
The new emergency department, located on the ground floor of the Bill Holmes Tower, is named in honor of CHOC Children’s supporters Julia and George Argyros for their generous gift of $5 million. The 22,000-square-foot emergency department features 31 exam rooms, including 14 rapid evaluation and treatment rooms, and three triage suites.
For more than a decade, the cure rate for pediatric cancer has been stalled at about 80 percent. A multidisciplinary team of specialists at the Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children’s is working to find cures for the other 20 percent—and won’t stop until they do.
Two months after their son Ricky was born on Dec. 6, 2012, Richard Alcedo and his wife, Wendy, noticed he was getting small bumps on his face
Bill Holmes’ history-making $27 million gift to CHOC Children’s represents his commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of children in Orange County and beyond. This extraordinary gift allows CHOC to progress on its
journey to becoming the leading destination for children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care
I sure am grateful for all the ways that CHOC has helped me in the last 50 years. But for this week’s stop on my gratitude tour, I want to thank you! Not a day goes by that I am not surprised and touched by the generosity that you and the community show CHOC. Whether
The happiest place on earth always seems a little more magical in October. The annual CHOC Walk in The Park at the Disneyland Resort® reunites CHOC Children’s physicians, nurses, Associates, Disney Cast Members and volunteers with patients, former patients and families to support our hospital. This past year, their efforts raised $1.7 million. Since its inception, the CHOC Walk has cumulatively raised more than $20 million to benefit CHOC Children’s programs and services.
Your belief in the work we do helps us achieve the extraordinary. The CHOC Children’s Foundation is profoundly grateful for the support we have received from our donors and community during the past four years of our campaign, “Change CHOC, Change the World”. To date, more than 160,000 donors have provided the resources necessary to construct the new tower and to support patient and family programs, research, and endowments that strengthen our Institutes and patient care services at CHOC Children’s.