Bill Holmes’ history-making $27 million gift to CHOC Children’s represents his commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of children in Orange County and beyond. This extraordinary gift allows CHOC to progress on its journey to becoming the leading destination for children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care.
The opening of the new seven-story Bill Holmes Tower—colorful and dramatic, a beacon of hope in the heart of Orange County—marks a pivotal moment in CHOC’s proud and eventful history.
Highlights of the new Bill Holmes Tower:
- The tower has tripled the size of our inpatient care facility in Orange.
- It contains the region’s only dedicated pediatric emergency department, operating rooms, imaging department and laboratory.
- New technology and additional resources, as well as world-class talent and research capabilities, combine to make for the best in clinical care, research and education.
- Safety is built into the tower. Every patient room and operating room is designed as “same handed” with supplies and equipment located in exactly the same places to minimize the potential for human error.
- An array of interior spaces utilizes light, color and spacious design to help lift spirits and and contribute to a soothing atmosphere that is conducive to healing.
- Our doctors, nurses and staff employ the latest technology, along with standardized, integrated processes, to deliver the best in pediatric care.