CHOC Children’s and the Orange County Fire Authority would like to remind you to consider taking your family to a professional fireworks show, as a safer alternative. If consumer fireworks are part of your family’s festivities, take a minute to check out these important tips:
• Supervise children at all times. Fireworks should be handled by adults only.
• Buy only state fire marshal-approved (“Safe and Sane”) fireworks, from a licensed firework stand. Police in Orange County will be vigorously enforcing laws against illegal fireworks. You can be fined upto $1,000.
• Only these OC cities allow consumer fireworks: Anaheim, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Stanton, Villa Park and Westminster.
• Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks. Spectators should also keep a safe distance.
• Never re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
• Do not alter fireworks or combine them.
• Point fireworks away from people, homes and cars, and keep away from leaves, dry grass and flammable materials.
- Summer camp counselors, caregivers and family members alike, can rest assured with these medication safety tips for children under their care. Read below to make sure you’re asking the parent/guardian the ...
- By the time your child reaches his teen years, you’d think you no longer have to worry about him safely crossing the street. Think again. The teen pedestrian death rate ...
- Summer is in full swing. Have a fun and safe season with these summer smarts! 1. Always supervise children while in or near water, even a shallow wading pool or the ...