Spring Break is just around the corner for many Orange County kids. Check out these fun activities your kids are sure to enjoy. Do you have any kid-friendly Spring Break ideas of your own? Post a comment and share!
1. Plant a Garden – Kids, especially grade-school level, love digging in dirt, and love the sense of accomplishment that can come from creating something with their own hands. Find some space in your back yard and help them plant flowers or veggies. Gardening can be a great opportunity to spend time together.
2. Plan a Family Vacation – Whether you’re thinking of a quick getaway nearby, or flying out of the country, research some family-friendly destinations your kids will enjoy. Remember to pack plenty of snacks, games and gadgets to help kids stay occupied during the trip.
3. Plan for Easter – Easter is next week! Have your kids decorate Easter eggs, create Easter decorations, or make Easter cards for family members. Get creative and have fun.
4. Visit a Local Park – There are many wonderful parks in Orange County. Go on a bike ride with your kids or plan a family picnic, and enjoy the outdoors together!
5. Movie Night – Spend the evening together in your jammies, watching your kids’ favorite flick. Make popcorn or other home-made goodies together – your kids will love eating something they helped prepare. Use this time to share movies with your kids that you liked growing up. Or, go out and catch the latest kid-friendly movie in theaters.
- Be sure to check out the following tips to keep your little ones, and adults alike, healthy and active during the holidays. • Play a game outside. Tag, soccer or touch football are always ...
- By Joanne DeMarchi, MA, RD, IBCLC, clinical dietitian at CHOC Children’s Backyards can be transformed into fruit and vegetable gardens in a few simple steps. This is a great family activity ...
- Although the weather in Orange County doesn’t feel like fall yet, there are certainly plenty of activities to get you in the spirit of the season. Check out these fun ...