Although the weather in Orange County doesn’t feel like fall yet, there are certainly plenty of activities to get you in the spirit of the season. Check out these fun and inexpensive things to do with your family this fall.
1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch – Many include train rides, carnival games, treats and more, which the kids are sure to enjoy.
2. Take a Hike – A weekend morning hike is not only fun for the whole family, but great exercise too! Check out the ocparks.com website to find the nearest hiking trail near you.
3. Go Apple Pickin’– Enjoy a whole day of fun at any of a handful of apple farms nearby – most are about an hour and a half or two away – where you can get back to basics and pick apples, enjoy a great lunch outdoors, and take in the fall scenery. Check online for directions to the nearest one near you.
4. Get Into the Halloween Spirit – There are many local Halloween festivities happening in the next few weeks, including parades, haunted houses, festivals and more. For more info visit the Anaheim Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau website.
5. Shop Fresh and Local – Check out your city website for a Farmer’s Market near you. Take the whole family and have your kids pick out their favorite fruits or vegetables. Make a salad or dessert using their favorite picks!