The 25th annual CHOC “Walk in the Park” is around the corner. With 15,000 Walkers expected at this year’s Walk, here are some tips to help teams and individual walkers have a fun morning.
Parking & Meeting Up
- The Mickey and Friends Parking Structure will open the morning of the Walk at 5 a.m. Parking is free for registered CHOC Walk participants, even if you will be staying at the Disneyland Resort for the entire day.
- The tram does not run to and from the parking structure the morning of the Walk, so allow time to walk from the structure to Disneyland’s main entrance.
- Talk to your team about a designated place where you will meet at the structure, in Downtown Disney or in the esplanade between Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
- Because all participants will be arriving for the Walk at the same time, it is important to allow for extra time to get through the turnstiles and onto Main Street U.S.A. for the Walk’s opening ceremony at 6:15 a.m. You will want to budget even more time if you will be stopping in Downtown Disney for coffee or a snack.
- Animals (except service dogs), roller skates, bicycles, scooters and skateboards are not allowed.
What to Bring
- Because breakfast is limited in Downtown Disney before the Walk and food is not sold in the parks during the Walk, walkers should bring light snacks and drinks, especially for young children. Keep in mind that glass bottles and containers are not allowed, except for baby food jars and baby bottles.
- Don’t forget your camera because there will be Disney magic, characters and surprises throughout the Walk. Selfie sticks are not allowed in Disneyland or Disney California Adventure.
- Disneyland stroller and wheelchair rentals are not available the morning of the CHOC Walk, so be sure to bring what you will need with you.
- Wagons are not allowed inside Disneyland or Disney California Adventure during regular park hours, but are allowed in the parks during the CHOC Walk. If you will be heading into the parks after the Walk, be sure to switch out your wagon for a stroller back at your car afterward.
- An exciting addition to this year’s CHOC Walk weekend is the Ambassador’s Luau on Saturday, Oct. 10 in the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel. The Luau is a festive and exotic Polynesian-themed event perfect for team building the afternoon before the Walk. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- Have fun with your team! Don’t forget, you can dress in school colors, wear matching t-shirts to support your loved one, or make signs to thank your supporters and help your team stand out in the crowd.
- After the Walk, head over to the team photo area at the Downtown Disney Stage and get a team picture with Choco and the 2015 Honda Miracle Odyssey.
Downtown Disney CHOC Walk Festival
- The fun doesn’t end when you cross the finish line. The CHOC Walk Festival will feature tons of great giveaways from CHOC sponsors, a DJ spinning great music, and the chance to purchase the 25th anniversary CHOC Walk in the Park hoodie, shopping bag, CHOC Kids Cards, CHOC Walk commemorative lapel pins and lanyards.
- Don’t miss the CHOC Walk Selfie Squad who will be out throughout the festival and team photo area with CHOC Walk selfie signs and a helping hand for those big group pictures
- Special discounts are available at many Downtown Disney stores and restaurants after the Walk. For a full list of businesses opening early for breakfast and discounts available the day of the Walk, click here.
More Fun In the Parks
- Present your CHOC “Walk In the Park” wristband at a Disneyland Resort ticket booth to purchase special CHOCtober Disneyland Resort tickets. Purchase a 1-Day 1-Park ticket for $51 or a 1-Day Park Hopper ticket for $81 to use for admission back into the park on the day of the CHOC Walk or for your next trip to the Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure Park. Tickets are valid from Oct. 11, 2015 through Nov. 6, 2015 and do not have block out dates. A maximum of 5 tickets may be purchased per wristband.
You can learn more about CHOC “Walk in the Park or register to participate by clicking here. For real-time event information follow CHOC Walk on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can also follow along with the fun by tagging your CHOC Walk photos online with #CHOCWalk.
- They didn’t know each other. Their only connection was their teenaged children; one fighting a devastating cancer diagnosis.
- Known as CHOC’s most anticipated event, the CHOC Walk in the Park presented by Disneyland Resort is set for August 27 this year. Many of our employees — among the ...
- Insider tips from CHOC Walk team captains for fundraising, organizing your team, showing team spirit and more!