October is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month, but parents should remember two things year-round to keep babies safe during sleep: babies should sleep alone and on their backs, a CHOC Children’s community educator tells CHOC Radio.
In podcast No. 36, Amy Frias outlines tips for parents to ensure their child stays safe while sleeping:
- How to create a safe sleeping environment
- What to do if the baby rolls onto their tummy
Printable tip sheets with information to keep children safe while sleeping are also available on CHOC’s website.
CHOC Radio theme music by Pat Jacobs.
- When preparing for a new baby, most parents consider baby proofing their home, but the nursery is often overlooked, says a CHOC community educator.
- Stretching can often take a back seat to your general exercise routine and sport-related activities, but these are an essential part of any conditioning or physical therapy program.
- The holiday season can be one of the busiest times of year for families. Keeping these safety tips from CHOC’s community educators in mind can help ensure your family stays ...