October is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month, but parents should remember two things year-round to keep babies safe during sleep: babies should sleep alone and on their backs, a CHOC Children’s community educator tells CHOC Radio.
In podcast No. 36, Amy Frias outlines tips for parents to ensure their child stays safe while sleeping:
- How to create a safe sleeping environment
- What to do if the baby rolls onto their tummy
Printable tip sheets with information to keep children safe while sleeping are also available on CHOC’s website.
CHOC Radio theme music by Pat Jacobs.
- Most injuries for kids up to five years old occur in or around the home because that is where they spend the most time learning and growing. Keep in mind ...
- By Michael Molina, community health educator at CHOC Children’s Car seat safety: selection tips every parent should know Car seats and booster seats are the basic protection systems for passengers who are ...
- Summer temperatures and an increase of rain can mean increased snake encounters in Orange County. Brush up on snakebites first-aid tips.