Protect your little ghosts and goblins this Halloween by following these safety tips offered by the injury prevention experts at CHOC Children’s.
- Purchase costumes that are flame-resistant and fit securely on your child; make sure they can be seen and avoid any masks that obstruct your child’s view.
- Never allow your young child to trick-or-treat without adult supervision.
- While trick-or-treating, obey all traffic signs and signals, and never cross the street between cars or mid-block. Be sure to carry a flashlight.
- Carefully inspect your child’s stash of goodies. Discard homemade treats and fruit, unless you know the person they came from.
- Keep your home safe for trick-or-treaters by removing all obstacles from the entryway.
With these tips, CHOC hopes you and your little ones enjoy a safe Halloween this Saturday!
- As temperatures begin to cool and the community prepares for Halloween celebrations, CHOC experts provide the following recommendations for how to celebrate Halloween safely amid COVID-19. “Celebrating holidays such as Halloween ...
- As your family prepares for the fun tradition of trick-or-treating, keep in mind these easy Halloween safety tips, from the CHOC community education team and Safe Kids Orange County, to ...
- Halloween is about a week away! Have your kids picked out their costumes? Before they head out in their cutest and spookiest attire, check out these costume safety tips recommended ...