With the fall semester back in session, kids are out walking to and from school. To ensure safe journeys, it’s key that children and teens eliminate distractions, a CHOC Children’s community educator tells CHOC Radio.
In podcast No. 35, Amy Frias reminds parents that children should not play with phones or video games while walking to school, and also covers some other safety tips:
- How to cross streets safely
- When children can cross streets alone
- Reminders for drivers
CHOC Radio theme music by Pat Jacobs.
- By Michael Molina, community health educator at CHOC Children’s Car seat safety: selection tips every parent should know Car seats and booster seats are the basic protection systems for passengers who are ...
- Summer temperatures and an increase of rain can mean increased snake encounters in Orange County. Brush up on snakebites first-aid tips.
- Potential health effects of wildfires, and steps to minimize their effects and protect children.