With the fall semester back in session, kids are out walking to and from school. To ensure safe journeys, it’s key that children and teens eliminate distractions, a CHOC Children’s community educator tells CHOC Radio.
In podcast No. 35, Amy Frias reminds parents that children should not play with phones or video games while walking to school, and also covers some other safety tips:
- How to cross streets safely
- When children can cross streets alone
- Reminders for drivers
CHOC Radio theme music by Pat Jacobs.
- Most injuries for kids up to five years old occur in or around the home because that is where they spend the most time learning and growing. Keep in mind ...
- By Michael Molina, community health educator at CHOC Children’s Car seat safety: selection tips every parent should know Car seats and booster seats are the basic protection systems for passengers who are ...
- Summer temperatures and an increase of rain can mean increased snake encounters in Orange County. Brush up on snakebites first-aid tips.