With the fall semester back in session, kids are out walking to and from school. To ensure safe journeys, it’s key that children and teens eliminate distractions, a CHOC Children’s community educator tells CHOC Radio.
In podcast No. 35, Amy Frias reminds parents that children should not play with phones or video games while walking to school, and also covers some other safety tips:
- How to cross streets safely
- When children can cross streets alone
- Reminders for drivers
CHOC Radio theme music by Pat Jacobs.
- As temperatures start to rise and with stay-at-home orders in effect, your family may be spending more time at the pool than ever before. However, many swimming lessons have been ...
- Summertime for many kids and adolescents means the excitement of water activities, fun in the sun and spending as much time as possible outdoors. Yet summer is also known as ...
- Most injuries for kids up to five years old occur in or around the home because that is where they spend the most time learning and growing. Keep in mind ...