Well, the holiday season is officially here! As you and your family get ready for Thanksgiving, keep in mind these helpful tips to get your kids involved, and to ensure you have a fun and healthy holiday.
Involve Kids In Preparing Dinner – They can…
• Help find items on the grocery list
• Help set the table
• Wash vegetables and fruits
• Help measure and mix ingredients
• Help make fun Thanksgiving decorations
• Help come up with games or activities for the other kids that may be visiting
Holiday Healthy Habits – To help keep you on track…
• Don’t forget breakfast!
• Don’t starve. Avoid trying to save your appetite for dinner or you will tend to overeat.
• Cook with natural ingredients.
• Cook healthier, low calorie seasonal vegetables such as squash, carrots, turnips, and pumpkins, for a nutrient packed dinner.
• Serve in smaller serving dishes to encourage smaller portions.
• Plan for leftovers to reduce the chance of over-eating.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Enjoy desserts however, slice them into thin slices if possible and use nonfat whipped cream.
• Most importantly, enjoy!
From our CHOC Family to yours, have a wonderful, healthy Thanksgiving holiday!
Despite the countless challenges brought on by 2020, the physicians, nurses, staff, patients and donors that make CHOC a world-class pediatric healthcare system have retained a sense of gratitude. Several ...
As the holiday season approaches, and the community makes plans to observe traditions in a way that may look different from years past, CHOC experts provide the following recommendations for how ...
By Stephanie Chang, clinical dietitian at CHOC
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and many of us are thinking about what we’re going to do for Thanksgiving 2020. You might be ...