Valentine’s Day is nearing, and I love this time of year. Can you tell by the heart I wear every day? I don’t want to brag, but I have so many valentines: all the patients, physicians and staff I’ve met in the last 50 years at CHOC Children’s.
It’s easy to find valentines when you meet so many neat people. I love taking pictures with my friends, and I wanted to show you some that I’ve collected through the years. Do you have any pictures with me? Show me by posting on social media with the hashtag #thxCHOC.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, check out these easy ways you and your family can make someone feel special and appreciated on February 14th – or anytime of the year! Remind your little ones that whether the gift is for a neighbor, teacher, co-worker or friend, gifts from the heart speak louder than any store-bought gift.
1. Bake a mouth-watering dessert, wrap it up in a beautiful bright-colored bag and top it off with some shiny ribbon.
2. Make a homemade Valentine’s Day card and spruce it up with glitter, ribbon and various jewels.
3. Deliver food to your local homeless shelter.
4. Give a thank-you card to your local mailman, babysitter, teacher, tutor or coach thanking them for their hard work or services.
5. Write a poem straight from the heart by telling that special person why you love and appreciate them.
6. Offer to wash your neighbor’s car or to cut their lawn.
7. Be a kid again and pick your favorite boxed Valentine’s Day cards and bring them to work.
8. Give back to your community. Donate to your favorite local organization or school.
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!