Due to anticipated cases of the influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in the community, and for the safety of patients, families and staff at CHOC Children’s Hospital, visitor restrictions will be in place Jan. 6 to March 30 (this date may change due to late circulation of virus).
Please note the following guidelines:
• Only two parents or guardians who are well will be permitted to visit between Jan. 6 and March 30.
• For hospitalizations extending beyond two weeks, parents may complete a visitor restriction exemption form, listing two surrogate names. This form will be provided by your CHOC nurse, who will assist you in completing it.
• The use of masks, gowns and gloves will be enforced as appropriate. Proper hand washing is necessary each time you enter and exit your child’s room.
• Patients in isolation and their parents or guardians will not be allowed to enter the playrooms or visit other patient rooms. Child life specialists have activities that can be brought to the isolation rooms.
• When your child is visiting public areas in the hospital (given approval from your child’s physician and nurse), please remember to use good hand hygiene and stay 3 feet away from others.